Thursday, August 21, 2014

Homer Burrous

We lost another dear friend and Palm Creek resident when Homer Burrous recently passed away.  Homer and Shirley have been long time residents at Site 1005. 
 
 
I asked Shirley if I could have some information to post.  She suggested I use Homer's own words to describe his career.  Below I've copied a paragraph he wrote for his high school reunion:
 
"Let's see, lots of normal and almost normal things have been going on since graduating from North High (Bellevue, WA).  I was married in 1954 to Shirley, a pretty Kansas girl, who is still pretty.  I spent 35 years as an Aerospace Engineer (The Boeing Co).  My most memorable experience was being with the Apollo Space Program.  It was quite a rush when the US put a man on the moon.  My professional career culminated in Patent Law.  Starting in high school I continued to restore and customize various cars as a hobby.  This evolved into the restoration of vintage airplanes and teaching myself aerobatics.  Failing to kill myself at that, I retired in 1995 and decided to become a modern day Stradivarius making violins, mandolins and banjos.  So now I study and play old time Blue Grass and Chamber Music.  We travel some and spend our winters in Arizona."
 
Anyone associated with our woodshop will remember Homer and his musical creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment